ARTWORK SPECIFICATIONS AND GUIDELINES
To allow us to deal with your order promptly and smoothly please follow the following artwork instructions and guidelines.
DIGITAL 4 COLOUR PROCESS:
Digital artwork to be supplied in MAC or PC-formatted EPS files created in Adobe Illustrator (version CS6 or lower) or a high-resolution PDF with bleed.
• Create your artwork to the specific size of the product with one design per file of PDF.
• Allow at least 3mm bleed all around the page and keep important elements 3mm inside cut area.
• Ensure that all fonts have been created to outlines to avoid font problems.
• Colour up any logos etc. that require colour matching to the relevant Pantone colour, using the “Solid Coated” set of swatches. Artwork coloured up to CMYK will not be PMS matched.
• Digital printing cannot print metallic colours so contact your representative for advice.
• When saving PDF, ensure that settings are of a high resolution and allow for 3mm bleed all around the page.
• Any placed images should be embedded in the eps files and to be high resolution (300dpi).
• Do not have any white areas set to overprint - the 4 colour process will omit any elements set to overprint white.
• Be aware that any other elements set to overprint may not appear the same colour as viewed on the PDF proof when printed.
• We can accept jpegs for Legendary Range as long as they are high resolution (300dpi) and to the exact size of the product with relevant bleeds etc. No specific colour matching will be available if a jpeg is provided.
• Some manufactured products have multiple forme cut areas which need to have a ‘bleed’ assigned to them (templates are available).
Digital artwork to be supplied in MAC or PC-formatted EPS files created in Adobe Illustrator (version CS6 or lower) or a high-resolution PDF. To avoid font issues ensure that all text is created to outlines. Alternatively, we can also print from a high-resolution jpeg. Imprint areas may be restricted for this process, please consult your representative for details.
Variable data to be supplied in Microsoft Excel spreadsheet should be 1 row per variation. Longer names will dictate the font size to be used. Barcodes can be generated in the sequential numerical order. For production tracking purposes each printed item may have a reference code on the artwork i.e. “Ref.001”. Please contact your representative for any more detail.
SCREEN PRINTED, LASER ENGRAVED OR PAD PRINTED JOBS
Digital artwork to be supplied in MAC or PC-formatted EPS files created in Adobe Illustrator (version CS6 or lower) or a high-resolution PDF.
• Where possible please supply artwork to the imprint area allocated to that particular product.
• Ensure that all text/fonts have been created to outlines/curves to avoid font problems.
• Colour up artwork to the Pantone colours to be printed (Solid Coated swatches).
• Logos for laser engraving should be supplied as solid Black (this will be the ‘engrave’).
• We cannot use placed images or jpegs - all artwork must be a fully editable vector graphic.
• Gradients and percentages of colour cannot be carved or pad printed.
• Where logos have percentages of colour - a solid PMS colour must be assigned to each percentage.
• Consider the appearance of the artwork on the required product i.e. square logos can be very small when reduced to fit on pens and they will be a bit large when they are printed on a notebook or a tee shirt.
• Avoid having very complex logos at small imprint sizes - the smaller the logo the higher the chance the detail will be lost and you won’t be able to provide enough information to the user.
• Avoid having important artwork close to the finishing edges of products.
• Some products have multiple cut areas which need to have a ‘bleed’ assigned to them (templates are available).
It is the most important thing that you should approve paper and product proofs as soon as possible in order to meet delivery dates. If approvals are delayed, rush charges or expedited freight may be required at the customer’s expense to meet a specified delivery date. Requests for paper proofs must be in writing on the PO or factory will produce the order as per artwork sent using standard guidelines. Paper proofs must be approved within 24 hours of receipt in order to hold production schedule and inventory, except for rush orders. A paper proof is required by all orders requiring typesetting.
We can accept artwork via email (7mb maximum), CD, DVD, File Management Website, FTP site or IDisk. Please identify with your company name, job name and order number.
Our competitive pricing and lead times are made possible by accepting print-ready finished artwork. We reserve the right to charge artwork set up prices at a minimum of $100(G)/ hour for any artwork changes necessary to achieve print ready files or artwork changes requested by our clients. Artwork changes will also affect production and delivery schedules. Two art proofs are provided without charge, additional proofs $25(G) each.